Our Gluten Free Standards:
The Certified Gluten Free logo represents unmatched reliability and adhere to strict gluten-free standards. GFCO is the leading gluten-free certification program in the world. Our gluten free baked goods exceed GFCO, US and Canadian standards by producing products having less than 5 parts per million gluten residue.
Questions: How is your product Gluten Free? How do you ensure your product is Gluten Free? How can your product be Gluten Free if it is made in a facility that also processes wheat?
- The product is certified gluten free because of the thorough cleaning and testing procedures we go through in order to ensure no cross contamination has occurred. The following is a summary of the procedures before and during gluten free food is made:
- First, a 24 hour period where no mixing or producing of gluten containing items must occur before gluten free production can begin. This happens in order to ensure there is no flour in the air at the time of production.
- Before the startup of making gluten free food, all equipment and utensils used in the process are cleaned, inspected, and swabbed to confirm the absence of gluten residue.
- Everyone involved in the process of making gluten free items must wear new, clean smocks.
- After every batch of any item is produced, a sample of that batch is taken at the last possible point before being packaged, and tested for gluten residue at 5 parts per million.
- Samples of each batch are also collected and sent into a third party lab for further testing and verification. Testing is also done to confirm the food as having less than 5 parts per million gluten residue.
Savory Foods has been producing delicious wholesome gourmet confections and baked goods to the food service and retail industry for over 20 years. When our owner was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance we set out to create a “delicious” line of gluten free products that could truly be called gourmet! Nearly one in every four people have an intolerance to gluten or celiac disease. At Savory Foods we adhere to the strictest quality and testing standards exceeding those set by the industry. We believe our products provide you with a satisfying taste experience and declare that life truly can be Gluten Free-licious ™.
We love sharing some of our favorite Gluten Free Recipes using our gourmet products. We hope you enjoy them!
- Gluten Free Tortillia Tomato Soup using our Pizza Crust
- Gluten Free Roasted Garden Veggie Pizza using our Pizza Crust
- Gluten Free PB&J Thumpers using our Cookie Dough
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars using our Cookie Dough
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Tarlets using our Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough
Chef Jean-Rene’ Renusson literally grew up in the kitchen, even taking his first steps in the kitchen of the Ritz Carlton in Chicago. His father, world renowned pastry chef, Gilles Renusson had been head pastry chef there. It wasn’t long before Jean-Rene’ was off to Austria to apprentice at a pastry shop and then to a patisserie in Grand Rapids. You could say culinary arts is in his blood. He has since worked at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, and is now working for Savory Foods as a gluten-free and vegan chef. As a vegan, he has submerged himself in perfecting recipes that not only taste mouth-watering, but also are gluten-free and some vegan as well.